Meal Replacement Program
Nutrition for low-calorie weight management program
NewVivaMD’s Meal Replacement Program is for patients on a very-low-calorie diet (VLCD) or low-calorie diet (LCD) as part of their weight management program. This physician-supervised complete nutritional food replacement program is designed to help obese patients lose weight safely, quickly and sustainably.
You receive nutrition counseling and healthy lifestyle education. You also will have access to tools to help you track your progress. Dr. Surkunte will monitor your weight loss progress, adjust your nutrition and/or medications as you lose weight and guide you on lifestyle modifications for long-term success.
A very-low-calorie diet may be used as part of your weight loss program if your Body Mass Index (BMI) is
- > 30 if you have no obesity-related conditions or
- > 27 if you have two or more obesity-related conditions
A low-calorie diet may be used as part of your weight loss program if your BMI is >25.
Nutrition options include high-protein meal replacements and nutritional supplements that are very affordable, delicious, tested for safety and made from high-quality ingredients. We offer a variety of products that will meet your nutritional needs and tastes. Options include nutrition for:
- Daily enhancers
- Drinks, beverages and smoothies
- Entrees and soups
- Meal replacement bars
- Protein supplement bars
- Pudding shakes, puddings and shakes
- Snacks and desserts
- Variety packs
The program includes
- Physical exam, including measurement of the waist to screen for visceral adiposity and body composition analysis
- Review of medical history including medications
- Assessment of medical conditions (lab blood work and other tests as needed) including: insulin resistance, metabolic disease, heart disease risk, kidney function, liver function, thyroid function, uric acid, early signs of diabetes, electrolytes, vitamin levels and cholesterol abnormalities
Physician-developed plan and counseling
- Exercise and activity
- Recommendations for medication and/or supplements as needed
- Follow-up appointment(s) as needed
Note: Blood work is through your insurance or at an additional cost.