PCOS / Infertility and Weight Loss
Improving your fertility and managing your weight
The NewVivaMD PCOS Program includes a comprehensive physical exam and lab tests to diagnose your condition and establish your health baselines. Dr. Surkunte develops a personalized program to help you improve your fertility and regulate your menstrual cycle. She also creates a course of action for you to lose weight through nutrition, physical activity and lifestyle improvements.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) impacts the health of approximately 10% of U.S. females. Health risk factors include infertility, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression and anxiety. An imbalance of androgens can prevent ovulation, causing irregular menses. Weight gain can be caused by high levels of insulin, resulting in above-average sugar levels; this can lead to insulin resistance and increased fat deposits. Other symptoms include excess hair on the face, chin or body parts where men typically have hair; acne and skin tags.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Physical exam, including measurement of the waist to screen for visceral adiposity and body composition analysis
- Review of medical history including medications
- Assessment of medical conditions (lab blood work and other tests as needed) including: insulin resistance, metabolic disease, heart disease risk, kidney function, liver function, thyroid function, uric acid, early signs of diabetes, electrolytes, vitamin levels and cholesterol abnormalities
Physician-developed plan and counseling
- Exercise and activity
- Recommendations for medication and/or supplements as needed
- Referral to appropriate specialists as needed
- Follow-up appointment(s) as needed
Note: Blood work is through your insurance or at an additional cost.
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 3:00pm