Physician-supervised Medical Weight Management
A comprehensive medical approach and personalized plan
Weight gain, and the difficulty of losing weight, is not always just about what we eat and how active we are. Your weight can be influenced by a variety of additional factors, including medications you take, certain medical conditions, genetics, hormones, age and family history. As an obesity specialist in Gilbert, Dr. Surkunte develops a custom-tailored plan for each patient, taking into consideration all the root causes of your specific medical puzzle. She addresses your weight management through evidence-based and lifestyle medical approaches.
The program includes
- Physical exam, including measurement of the waist to screen for visceral adiposity and body composition analysis
- Review of medical history including medications
- Assessment of medical conditions (lab blood work and other tests as needed) including: insulin resistance, metabolic disease, heart disease risk, kidney function, liver function, thyroid function, uric acid, early signs of diabetes, electrolytes, vitamin levels and cholesterol abnormalities
Physician-developed plan and counseling
- Exercise and activity
- Recommendations for medication and/or supplements as needed
- Follow-up appointment(s) for the ongoing monitoring of medical conditions that are changing due to your weight loss, including the adjustment of medications you take for diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol and other conditions.
Note: Blood work is through your insurance or at an additional cost.
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 3:00pm