Plant-based Nutrition Program
Better nutrition, better health
Whether you are new to the concept of plant-based nutrition or have already adjusted your lifestyle to make whole-foods and plant-based foods your nutrition sources, Dr. Surkunte can help you ensure you achieve the maximum health benefits you need.
She will develop a program for you that incorporates a variety of nutrient-dense and minimally processed foods that will help increase your weight loss, manage and prevent chronic disease and improve your health. Dr. Surkunte will help you replace animal products with more nutritious options including whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, seeds and nuts. She will also help you eliminate refined foods, processed oils and white flour.
Plant-based nutrition has incredible benefits for weight management and the management and prevention of chronic disease. It emphasizes high-impact macronutrients (proteins, carbohydrates and fats) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals). Health benefits of plant-based nutrition include a lower risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and mental decline.
Dr. Surkunte will develop a plant-based nutrition program tailored to your health needs, lifestyle and personal tastes. She will help you maximize your nutrition with plant-based and whole foods as well as healthy fats, plant-based milks, spices, herbs and seasonings.
The program includes
- Physical exam, including measurement of the waist to screen for visceral adiposity and body composition analysis
- Review of medical history including medications
- Assessment of medical conditions (lab blood work and other tests as needed) including: insulin resistance, metabolic disease, heart disease risk, kidney function, liver function, thyroid function, uric acid, early signs of diabetes, electrolytes, vitamin levels and cholesterol abnormalities
Physician-developed plan and counseling
- Exercise and activity
- Recommendations for medication and/or supplements as needed
- Follow-up appointment(s) as needed
Note: Blood work is through your insurance or at an additional cost.